Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sea of Bees' "Orangefarben" Editor's Pick on eMusic!

"With sunny-sounding guitars and a sweet, ethereal voice that belies the agony of which she sings, Bee makes Orangefarben a meditation on mind over matter, the importance of gasping “I’ll be fine” again and again, even when it’s clear you’re not. “And I know I shouldn’t think those thoughts / but I’ve gone ahead and thought those thoughts and I’m fine,” she confesses on “Teeth,” as if convincing herself that the worst may be over, that time might go about its business and provide some relief. And if that grief is never fully eradicated, if she still finds herself longing for the comfort and safety of old attachments (oh, the sad letters I wrote to my parents from summer camp!), then at least the baggage she lugs around with her will be beautiful. Read the full review over here.

No comments: