Friday, March 25, 2011

Chris Weingarten interviews Laura Stevenson & the Cans for the Village Voice!


What is "Master Of Art" about?

"Well, when I started writing it we were in a weird place as a band. I was kind of holding everyone back from being able to tour all the time because I was spending too much time on my backup plan, getting my masters in art history. Plan B started getting in the way of the band and I felt crazy and we were pretty much glued to New York. Then, when I was finished with classes, things started getting hectic and we did a whole string of stressful--and at points not very successful--touring to kind of make up for lost time. We did a lot of sleeping in the van. It was pretty rough. So, the second half of the song is a promise that it'll get better. Which I think it is." Read the rest and download the song at the Village Voice!

No comments: